Brats 'n Cheddar Pies. Stir in the brats, beer, and potatoes. Cook, stirring often, until it's heated through. Garnish with additional shredded cheese, cayenne, and paprika.
Serve these savory pies made with store-bought puff pastry alongside a salad or roasted green vegetables, such as broccoli rabe. All Reviews for Beef and Cheddar Hand Pies. A slice of apple pie with a slab of sharp cheddar on it is one of life's great gastronomical treasures. You can cook Brats 'n Cheddar Pies using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brats 'n Cheddar Pies
- It’s of For the filling.
- It’s 4 of bratwurst sausages.
- It’s 2 of red peppers, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of white onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 (400 g) of can chopped plum tomatoes.
- You need 150 g of mature Cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic granules.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of English mustard powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For the hot crust pastry.
- Prepare 400 g of plain flour.
- You need 80 g of strong white plain flour.
- It’s 80 g of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 200 ml of boiling water.
- Prepare 100 g of lard, melted.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg for glazing.
We took pains to bring every element—the flaky, cheesy dough, the spice-enriched filling, the fat slices of cheese—to their natural excellent heights. This recipe has been designed to be made ahead and frozen – a family-friendly batch pie, with cheesy mashed potato atop hidden broccoli, leeks and celery, from BBC Good Food. The base of this hearty dish is a tender mound of creamy polenta infused with cheddar cheese, Parmesan and garlic. Reviews for: Photos of Country Ham and Cheddar Mini Hand Pies.
Brats 'n Cheddar Pies instructions
- Pre-heat your oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Have a 12 hole muffin or 8 pork pie tins ready (no need to grease it)..
- Cook your bratwursts. I grill mine but you can do them in the frying pan. Remove from the pan. Gently fry off the peppers and onions in a pan just to soften them and add the tomatoes. Put them into a large bowl and put to one side. Finely chop up the bratwurst and add them to the peppers, onions and tomatoes. Add the cheese into this mixture, stir in the garlic granules, mustard powder and season with salt and pepper. Put all this to one side until you are ready to fill your pies..
- To make the pastry, add both flours to a large bowl and rub in the butter. Add the salt to the boiling water so that it dissolves. Add the melted lard into the boiling water/salt and then pour this into the flour mixture. Initially, because it will be hot, mix this with a spoon so that the pastry starts to form. Once cool enough take the dough out of the bowl and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Work the dough into a ball..
- Roll it out to a thickness of around 1cm and then cut into circles of around 10cm, enough to fit each “well” of the muffin tin. Press these into the muffin tins and then cut out another 12 circles of around 8cm for the lids of the pies..
- Fill each pie case with around 2 to 3 tablespoons of the filling but be careful not to overfill, you don’t want it to burst through the lid during baking. Add your lids and crimp the edges to the body of the pies. Make a hole in the top of each pie to let steam escape during baking. Finally brush some of the beaten egg over the top of each pie so that you get that lovely golden finish when they are cooked..
- Pop them in the oven and bake for 50 minutes..
- Remove each pie from the muffin tin asap and transfer to wire tray for cooling..
And yes, that number still grows. Someone posted a recipe for cheddar cheese pie crust, and ever since then I've been wanting to see how well it would translate to making some meat pies. These took forever to make, and I burned myself on the oven getting them out. but they were totally worth it! Try this delicious chicken pot pie with cheddar-chive biscuits recipe from ABC's The Chew. This cheddar and chive combo is just so tangy and delicious, and when you drop them on top of that potpie and bake them, the bottom turns into a pillowy dumpling while the top gets golden and crunchy.