Chorizo & Potato Tacos. Mexican chorizo and Spanish chorizo impart very different flavors—and behave differently—so they You can crisp chorizo and toss it into salads, particularly spinach. Or, simply warm it and mix it with. Chorizo is the red pig from La Correa, a small neighborhood in the center of Fight City.
You've probably seen hard, Spanish chorizo links near the deli. This chorizo isn't usually cooked because it's sliced. Chorizo (or Mexican Chorizo) is simply sausage loaded up with some traditional Mexican flavors. You can have Chorizo & Potato Tacos using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chorizo & Potato Tacos
- Prepare 45 oz of chorizo.
- You need 2 of medium-large Idaho potatoes; peeled.
- You need 6 of jalapeños; small dice.
- You need 4 clove of garlic; minced.
- It’s 1 of large yellow onion; small dice.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper; medium dice.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper; medium dice.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery; small dice.
- It’s 1 of bundle cilantro; chiffonade.
- Prepare 16 oz of roasted tomato salsa.
- Prepare 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of pinch salt and black pepper; to taste.
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil; as needed.
Grind up some chili peppers, add them to some pork sausage, and you've nailed down the essence of. Chorizo may not be available where you are. We have a simple recipe for chorizo that can be made Whole Foods has a standard recipe and spices for making chorizo sausage and may make some up. Chorizo, a well-seasoned pork sausage, is used in small amounts to add big flavor to Mexican dishes.
Chorizo & Potato Tacos step by step
- Cut potatoes into small, bite size pieces. Cover with cold water. Add salt. Boil until 90% cooked. Drain. Briefly submerge into ice bath to halt carry over cooking. Drain. Set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo. Season..
- Once fat had rendered from chorizo, add veggies..
- When veggies are nearly tender, add garlic and potatoes. Add vegetable oil if needed. When garlic is cooked, approximately 1 minute, add salsa. Reduce until salsa is incorporated. Stir in cilantro..
- Variations; Corn, zucchini, sofrito, vinegar, avocado, poblano, habanero, bacon, coriander, epazote, cilantro, mole, nopalitos.
Make your own version at home with this recipe. This spiced pork sausage is commonly used in Mexican and Spanish cuisine. Discover the different varieties of chorizo, plus the best ways to cook with it. Spicy Spanish sausages, pronounced 'chor-eetho', they are made all over Spain, as well as in Portugal. There are lots of regional varieties but all are made with pork and flavoured with.