Bean veg and sausage stew/casserole. A comforting one-pot sausage stew recipe with chorizo, smoked paprika and lots of vegetables. Tried and triple-tested by BBC Good Food. By Caroline Hire – Food writer.
For the casserole, in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil until hot. Shallow fry the sausages, rosemary Place the sausages back in the casserole with the cherry tomatoes and carry on cooking without the lid on. Jools' sausage & smoky bean casserole. "We like to grill our sausages first, then drain them on kitchen paper while we are get on with our veg. You can cook Bean veg and sausage stew/casserole using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bean veg and sausage stew/casserole
- You need of onion.
- It’s of green pepper.
- You need of a mixture of veg, fresh, tinned or frozen is all fine.
- It’s of baked beans.
- You need of BBQ sauce.
- You need of hotdogs, halved (I used veggie Quorn ones).
- You need of water.
- You need of cumin powder.
- It’s of Optional: a tsp of curry powder.
Find stew recipes at Tesco Real Food. Today i'm going to show you how to make my Sausage & Bean Casserole. All cooked in one pot to save on the washing up and can be made ahead too! This hearty sausage casserole is quick to put together and uses baked beans to make it an easy midweek meal.
Bean veg and sausage stew/casserole step by step
- Start by slicing and frying the onion and green pepper.
- Add the water, bring to a boil, then add hotdogs. Cook for 10 minutes. Then remove them, but leave water boiling. Cut into bite size if you haven't already..
- Now add all the veg and cook on till tender..
- Add back the hotdogs plus all the remaining ingredients and great through gently till thickened nicely. Continue stirring frequently as it may stick to the bottom of the pot..
- It's now ready to serve. Enjoy by itself or with buttered bread, toast, crusty bread.. or enjoy with fried or poached eggs.. Or have poured over a jacket potato or mash potatoes.. and you may even add a dash of chilli sauce or a generous grinding of black pepper for an extra warming kick…😋.
You can make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. Sausage and baked bean casserole. in bake, cannellini beans, casserole, Linda McCartney Sausages, stew, vegan, vegan casserole, vegan A rich and spicy tomato stew with vegan sausages and white beans. Baked in a casserole dish in the If you are watching your calories serve it woth a side salad, just veg or cauliflower rice. An extremely easy take on a sausage and bean stew with a rich smoky flavour. If you prefer, you could use a can of chopped tomatoes and a can of mixed beans in water instead of the baked beans but I actually find the baked beans are tastier, not to mention quicker!