Chicken and Chorizo Soup. Add chicken stock and bring soup to a bubble. This spicy chicken and chorizo soup is cheap, flavourful and quick to prepare using items from your store cupboard. Grab your crockpot, throw in Chorizo, Chicken Thighs and a handful of ingredients for a creamy delicious soup to beat those winter blues!
Add the malunggay leaves just before serving so that they don't wilt and overcook. This chicken chorizo soup is super easy and a great way to get a little spice in your life. Chicken chorizo sausage is just as satisfying as pork sausage and bursting with flavor. You can cook Chicken and Chorizo Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Chorizo Soup
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of chicken medium dice.
- It’s 1 lb of chorizo sausage-casings removed.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper-small dice.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper-small dice.
- Prepare 1 of med red onion small dice.
- Prepare 1 cup of shred carrots- can have small dice too.
- You need 1 of lemon juiced.
- Prepare 1 of lime juiced.
- It’s 1 TBS of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of cumin.
- You need .25 tsp of saffron or safflower threads.
- Prepare 1 bunch of parsley minced.
- You need 1 can of whole corn.
- You need 2 cans of rotel- no salt.
- It’s 32 oz of chicken broth- mine was salt free store bought.
Think of this as gumbo with a little Spanish flare. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. New Zealand netballer Camilla Lees knows what she should be eating, but like many people has never been taught to cook. Watch as San Remo brand ambassador.
Chicken and Chorizo Soup step by step
- Heat 5 quart stock pot over med-high heat. Cook chicken and Chorizo..
- Remove chicken and Chorizo from pot..
- Using fat from chorizo to sauté garlic, onion, carrots and peppers. Drain excess fat from veggies and discard.
- Add meat and veggies back to pot. Add the juices, rotel, corn, seasonings, and broth..
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 min..
- When close to be finished cooking add parsley to pot. If using dried parsley add with rest of seasoning..
- Serve with rice, beans, fresh cilantro, sour cream, salsa, avocado, etc….
High flavor fills each bowl of Chicken and Chorizo Stew–thanks to the saffron and chorizo. This Spanish-influenced stew is chockful of vegetables, making it a perfect one-dish meal. Maybe I did something wrong but this was more like a soup than a stew. This Pressure Cooker Chorizo, Chicken and Kale Soup is a spicy soup loaded with good for you ingredients, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and kale. The spicy chorizo and tender chicken marry well, in this rich, creamy and hearty soup.