Cheesy Chorizo Rice. Great recipe for Cheesy Chorizo Rice. Ninja Foodi dinner, but would work the same with most any pressure cooker. What I like about this recipe is it was quick, easy, filling, inexpensive, and made a whole meal with just one pot.
Mix the sausage with your rice and and place in a casserole dish. Mexican Chorizo Rice is a fully flavored and spicy rice dish that goes great with tacos, quesadillas, burritos, you name it! It's loaded with fresh chorizo sausage that's been cooked and crumbled, some corn, and a can of Rotel tomatoes. You can cook Cheesy Chorizo Rice using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Chorizo Rice
- Prepare 20 oz of Chorizo Fresh Sausage.
- Prepare 1 of small Onion (diced).
- You need 14.5 oz of can Italian Recipe Stewed Tomatoes (not drained).
- It’s 16 oz of jar Ragu Double Cheddar.
- It’s 15.25 oz of can Corn (drained).
- Prepare 14.5 oz of can Seasoned Southern Style Blackeye Peas (rinse&drain).
- It’s 12 oz of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Chilli Powder.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Cumin.
- You need 2 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 cup of White Rice (uncooked).
Cheesy Chorizo Rice Soup It's an all-in-one meal that will satisfy even the hungriest of customers. Bursting with spicy chorizo sausage and tomato scented rice with creamy Bongards® Jalapeno American Loaf with Red Peppers, this dish perfectly balances the heat while keeping the flavor intense! To add a burst of freshness to this one-pot dish, you'll add crunchy sugar snaps before serving with cheese and a grind of black pepper. Lightly fry the chorizo until just cooked through Place the stock in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
Cheesy Chorizo Rice instructions
- Drain and rinse well corn and blackeye peas in collander. Set aside in sink..
- Put the nanoceramic inner pot in the Foodi, no crisp & cook basket nor any racks. Turn the Foodi on and set to Saute..
- Slice sausages to split casing. Remove casings and discard. Put sausage in Foodi and use wooden spoon to crumble it as it cooks..
- When sausage is almost done cooking (about 5 minutes), add onion. Saute together two minutes..
- Break up the tomatoes by squeezing them through your fingers into the Foodi pot, and pour remaining juices from can in the pot. Add cheese sauce, corn, blackeye peas, broth, and spices. Stir well..
- Gently sprinkle rice over mixture. Using the wooden spoon, gently tap it just under the surface of the mix. You don't want it going to the bottom..
- Put the pressure cooker lid on the Foodi with the valve positioned to seal. Set it to high pressure for 10 minutes..
- Let it natural release 3 minutes when done. Then quick release the pressure valve..
- Stir it and let it sit warming another 5-20 minutes. The sauce will absorb more into the rice and become thicker as it sits. Serve at your desired consistency..
- Serve with crumbled tortilla chips, shredded cheddar, and/or sour cream..
Keep the lid on so that it doesn't evaporate but always keep it warm to add to the rice. Add the oil to a frypan and cook onion, garlic and celery over los-medium heat until softened. In medium bowl, mix chorizo, cream cheese spread and Cheddar cheese. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fill, drizzle with sauce and enjoy!