Baked Chorizo and Cheese Pasta. Pasta baked in a delicious tomato sauce with cheese and Spanish chorizo is all you need for a comforting dinner on a cold night. Cheese- I used all kinds of cheese in the past, as I make this dish quite often. I cook the meats, pasta, and sauce all at the same time, but it can be done individually and refrigerated before baking it in the oven.
Creamy and mild ricotta cheese pairs beautifully with punchy chorizo and salty parmesan in this no-fuss family favourite. Top with the remaining pasta and dollop over spoonfuls of the remaining ricotta. Baked macaroni with a sauce of cheddar and pepper jack cheese and Mexican chorizo. You can cook Baked Chorizo and Cheese Pasta using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Chorizo and Cheese Pasta
- It’s 1/2 cup of Crème Podiana (Mexican Sour Cream).
- Prepare 1/2 packages of Cotija (Mexican Parmesan Cheese).
- You need 1/2 packages of Chorizo.
- It’s 1 cup of Manchego (Mexican Melting Cheese).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Taco Seasonings.
- You need 3 cup of Cooked Penne Pasta.
- You need 1/2 cup of Diced Onions.
Once the water is at a full boil, add the macaroni to the pot. Rustle up this comforting pasta bake, featuring smoky chorizo, cheese and a rich tomato sauce. See more chicken and pasta recipes at Tesco Real Food. Cook the pasta following the packet instructions in plenty of salted boiling water.
Baked Chorizo and Cheese Pasta step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat skillet on medium. Add chorizo and onions. Cook 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix pasta, butter, salt and pepper..
- Add chorizo, onions, manchego, crème podlana and taco seasonings..
- Pour into baking dish.
- Top with cotija and bake 20 – 25 minutes.
Drain and set to one side. In a dry medium skillet, saute the chorizo over medium-high heat until almost crisp. Remove the chorizo to a plate. Not your Mama's mac and cheese, this southwest version is packed with chunks of chicken, Mexican chorizo sausage and poblano chiles that give it just enough heat to make things interesting. Sprinkle on top of pasta mixture.