Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables, topped Hamburger Stroganoff. And let me tell you it was delicious!!!
I stuffed red, orange, and yellow peppers and placed in a casserole dish on top of tomato sauce and baked as directed. They were good but I tend to like a little more rice in my stuffed peppers so next time I will add a tad more rice.otherwise these were very enjoyable. Hundreds of satisfied home cooks agree: this stuffed peppers recipe is a winner. You can cook Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 4 of large potatoes, diced large.
- You need 1/2 cup of light cream (or milk).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare of Meat mixture.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s 1 of carrot, diced small.
- Prepare 1 of celery, diced small.
- It’s 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of extra lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cornstarch ( this is a thickner).
- Prepare 4 of large bell pepper, cored and cleaned.
It's been proudly served at dinner tables across America ever since it first appeared in the Betty Crocker™ cookbook. And it's no wonder why—even picky eaters love stuffed peppers (hint: they taste like cheeseburgers). Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers instructions
- In a pot, boil potatoes, drain then add cream, butter and salt and pepper and mash. (You can use boxed mashed potatoes, but I always prefer fresh and homemade).
- In a separate pan, sautee ground beef with onions and garlic until no longer pink, add the carrots and celery and cook 2 min.
- Add the frozen corn and peas,then Add tomato paste and stir together to incorporate, then add the cornstarch and mix..
- Add worcestershire and beef broth and mix together until mixture thickens a bit. (Add salt and pepper if needed).
- Stuff the bell pepper with meat mixture, top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle top with cheese..
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 400°F oven for 15 min, the place under broiler for 3 min to brown tops. Enjoy! 😉😊.
The whole dish is pretty much the definition of comfort food..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a golden cheese crust, it's straightforward to make and is brilliant for making ahead. Ground Beef Stuffed Peppers – Easy Stuffed Red Bell Peppers with Ground Meat Recipe.