Spicy Pork Casserole. It's a brown rice casserole with cubed pork, green chilies, black beans, and spices that blend. Stir in the flour, followed by the spicy jerk paste, then add the chicken stock. Return the pork to the When the pork and vegetables are tender, remove the casserole from the oven; check the seasoning.
Here, we're serving up delicious savory casserole recipes that star the other white meat. Wipe Cooled Skillet Clean With Paper Towel. Add oil And Pork Chops ToSkillet. You can cook Spicy Pork Casserole using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Pork Casserole
- Prepare 750 g of pork, diced.
- Prepare 5 of medium potatoes, diced.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, finally chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Pimento paste.
- You need 750 ml of white wine.
- Prepare 100 g of chorizo, sliced or diced.
- You need 1 of large onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 2 of dried bay leaves.
- You need Handful of fresh or dried parsley.
- You need 1 of green pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of fresh red chilli's, sliced (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Black pepper.
- You need of Hot sauce to taste (optional).
- You need 50 ml of olive oil.
- You need 50 ml of water.
- It’s of Lemon juice from half a lemon.
Here is a dish that I came up with – real comfort food. The last couple of years I have cooked it up around Thanksgiving over in the US as a bit of a Kiwi. Make the best Spicy Pork Chop Casserole with this easy recipe. Find thousands of free, expert-tested, printable recipes on HowStuffWorks.com.
Spicy Pork Casserole instructions
- In a bowl, marinade the pork in the Pimento paste along with the salt, pepper, garlic, bay leaves and about 300ml of wine. Leave in fridge overnight..
- In a deep sauce or wok heat the olive oil and cook the chorizo until crispy then remove and put aside for later. You want its juices out to give the dish flavour..
- Next add the onions and fry until they become soft..
- Remove the pork from the marinade and put it aside. Add the meat to the saucepan and stir occasionally so it doesn't burn or stick to the pan..
- In the marinade, and the paprika, lemon juice, hot sauce, about another 400-500ml of white wine and about 50ml of water and mix..
- When the pork is sealed add the potatoes, green pepper and chilli and cook for 5-10 minutes..
- Add the marinade back into the saucepan and simmer with the lid on for about 30-45 minutes. Stirring occasionally. You want to allow the juices to reduce slowly..
- Finally add the parsley in the last 10 minutes of simmering and add the chorizo back into the pan and let the liquid reduce and thicken..
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving..
Top pork chop casserole recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from Pork Chop & Brown Rice casserole. Great way to cook for a family or cook ahead for fast meals that just. There's nothing better in this icy weather than a wonderful casserole full of spicy flavours with a delicious gravy. Make a spicy version of macaroni and cheese, with mini penne pasta, smoked andouille sausage, onion Spoon into the prepared casserole. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top of the casserole.