Braised Daikon and Beef. Chinese Braised Beef and Turnips (Daikon Radish) This Chinese braised beef and turnips is a traditional dish, where all you need is one pot, a few ingredients, and a bit of time. Chinese braised beef and turnips is so easy to make.just get everything in the pot, turn the heat down, and let it cook until tender! Then let it boil for an hour.
Serve this Chinese braised beef and turnip dish hot over rice! Succulent beef brisket, beef tendon and daikon cooked to perfection, drawing in all the flavours from the spices added, makes the flavour just so irresistible. Add in the spice mixture and daikon and bring to a boil. You can have Braised Daikon and Beef using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braised Daikon and Beef
- Prepare of Beef chunks.
- It’s 1 pc of daikon.
- You need 5 slices of ginger.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s of Some peppercorns.
- It’s of Light and dark soy sauce.
- Prepare of Cooking wine.
- You need of Oyster sauce.
Once it starts boiling, bring it to a gentle simmer and cook for an hour. Put beef in a serving dish and arrange daikon on a platter. Drizzle both with sesame oil and garnish with. Beef with Daikon Radish is an easy Chinese weeknight meal.
Braised Daikon and Beef step by step
- Wash beef and put it in a boiling water just to remove the scum. Then wash again..
- Heat a wok and stir fry ginger, star anise, pepper corns and bay leaf until fragrant. Then add beef. Then transfer it in a pot..
- Put 5 cups of water in a pot, then add oyster sauce, dark and light soy sauce and the stir fry beef. Then let it boil for an hour..
- Cut daikon in cubes and add in the pot. Let it boil again for 30 mins or until daikon is soft. Serve.
It's best if you make it ahead of time, so the daikon can soak up all the great flavors of the sauce. The best part of this dish is the daikon. Have you ever had daikon before? It's a white radish that soaks up the flavor of whatever you are cooking it in. Cantonese style braised beef and radish is a classic and famous Chinese dish.