Braised beef over egg noodles/pot roast. During Jack's food service career, this braised beef over egg noodles was on the menu quite often and it is a recipe that he's really perfected over the years. Our braised beef is actually quite easy to make, but it takes some advance planning because the beef is marinated overnight. Instant Pot Beef Tips & NoodlesPure Pressure Cooking.
Beef and Guinness Casserole with Noodles – Hearty, delicious and full of flavor, this casserole is pure comfort food! Covered tightly with heavy alum. foil and cooked following the recipe. Turn roast once and occasionally baste. You can have Braised beef over egg noodles/pot roast using 15 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Braised beef over egg noodles/pot roast
- It’s 3-4 lb. of Bnls. beef chuck roast.
- It’s 1 lb. of Egg noodles.
- You need 4 cups of beef stock or broth if using broth watch the salt.
- You need 1 of knorr beef bouillon.
- You need 2 of med onoin.
- Prepare 1 bunch of spring/green onion.
- You need 1 (8 oz.) of Package Baby bella mushrooms or your preference.
- You need 3 of ribs of celery with leaves.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic cloves depending on size and your taste.
- Prepare Handful of fresh parsley.
- You need 2 tbsp. of Fresh thyme.
- It’s 2-3 of bay leaves depending on size.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of Peanut oil or bacon grease.
Roast is done when very tender. When tender, remove meat from pot and shred with fork. Discard fat, bay leaves, and thyme sprig. Stir shredded into sauce and keep warm.
Braised beef over egg noodles/pot roast instructions
- Just because the label states bnls. Always run your fingers along the edges of your roast. On this cut in particular because more times then not the side of beef was broke off premises and shipped in to your local super market / butcher shop and they just break the cryo-vac and cut door wedges lol never taking the time to run there hand over the chuck or cut it straight to see if the processing house missed some bone and trust me they do those guys are cutting faster then you would ever believe..
- Season roast on both sides with salt and pepper massage in and let sit for about 15-20 mins to absorb some of the salt..
- Heat pan that has a lid too med./high heat. Once heated add your oil and swirl along the bottom of pan allowing 1-2 mins to heat oil..
- Place roast in pan and brown 4-5 mins per side if your smoking and start to smell burning odor take off heat and allow to cool a bit and reduce heat and put pan back on burner.
- While your Browning your beef cut up your celery and onions. Once nicely browned remove and place on plate or foil you seasoned on..
- Now reduce heat to med/low and add your vegetables. If you keep the heat where it was those beautiful brown bits will become dark and bitter burnt tasting ruining your gravy..
- Stir untill soft and translucent about 5-7 mins.
- While sauteing smash and mince garlic and thyme..
- Add in the last minute and stir to incorporate..
- Now add a cup of stock and beef bouillon and stir untill the bouillon dissolved completely..
- Add the rest of stock. And bay leaves..
- Bring to a hard boil..
- Once boiling add your roast. Should not be completely covered where braising not boiling the meat..
- Put the lid on and reduce heat to low..
- All appliances very. 6 clicks for me out of 25 clicks being the highest. So pretty low after 20 mins or so take listen to your pot watch not to burn your ear should hear a nice slow simmer..
- Set timer for one hour..
- In the meantime chop up mushrooms and fresh parsley. Okay timer is beeping..
- Add mushrooms and parsley and stir well to incorporate. Also at this time check your flavor profile. Mine was great. Something I've also learned over the course of some time to have your spouse or someone other then you give it a taste because you've been tasting and cooking this throughout and your palate can become neutralized to the flavors. Sometimes especially when smoking meat you rather have a different meal all together and eat the leftovers the next day while your guests enjoy day of….
- This time crack lid and set timer to another hour..
- Okay looks great smells wonderful whole building already knows what I am making..
- Now get a fork and insert it into the center of roast and twist if you can twist freely and the meat will break apart easily your ready to go if not as in my case. crack lid add another 30 mins. And repeat as necessary untill tender..
- Start water and cook noodles to your desired tenderness. Another nice little tip start your water on med heat. Heat 20 mins prior to cooking so when your ready to go and your meat or what ever your cooking is ready turn to high heat and you'll have boiling water in no time at all..
- And there you have it easy and always incredible and tender beef. Serve with bread for dipping. Noodle or mash. Hope you all truly enjoy this proven recipe my family has been making this 80+ years!!!.
- All life and cultures are precious!!! Try to be nice to your fellow human beings!!! And that's no wall hanger fully functional!!.
- The leftover thing can happen I know this to be true. After 12+ hours of smelling and tasting your like give me a burger and pass the salad LOL not always… Building party!!!.
- May God be so kind to bless us all!!!.
Serve over lightly buttered egg noodles. Ultimate Pot Roast recipe with meltingly tender beef, vegetables and potato, cooked in Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. I just didn't get it – the beef and vegetables were fine, but typically they are braised in just liquids that aren't. An easy recipe for Beef Tips made in the crock pot, served with egg noodles. When I was younger, one of my favorite meals that my mom made was beef tips with mushrooms and noodles, so that was one of the things that she made a week or so after Joseph was born.