Pitta Bread Pizza. I once had a craving for a pizza, but I didn't have the things to make pizza dough, so I got this idea! A step by step video to teach how to make Pitta Bread Pizza. Get a printable recipe sheet here.
Just set up pita loaves, sauce, and your toppings buffet style, and allow your kids' imagination to take over. All you have to do is bake the end product. Pita bread pizza is so, so simple and one of our favorite ways to make a quick weeknight meal. You can have Pitta Bread Pizza using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pitta Bread Pizza
- You need 4 of pitta breads (optional – wholemeal).
- You need 4 tbsp of tomato purée.
- You need 2 tsp of mixed herbs.
- Prepare of Cherry tomatoes to top (as many as desired).
- Prepare of Chorizo (pulled apart)/ salami.
- You need 50 g of grated cheddar cheese (add more if you are a cheese addict like me).
- It’s of Peppers (sliced) as much as desired.
All you need to do is remember to stock pita bread in your refrigerator and some.. Healthy Pita Bread Pizza, Hamburgers In Pita Bread, Tuna And Potato Salad With Pita Top healthy-pizza-with-pita-bread recipes just for you. Pitta breads make a quick base for these pizzas. Freeze the breads and the sauce in ice-cube trays so you can whip up a pizza in ten minutes.
Pitta Bread Pizza instructions
- Preheat oven to 170. Firstly apply the tomato purée to the pittas. If you want a thinner base I suggest cutting the pitta breads in half..
- Add a layer of cheese.
- Add on peppers, meat and tomatoes.
- Add the mixed herbs and another layer of cheese.
- Cook in the oven till the pitta is crisp and cheese is melted (around 10-15 mins).
Top with the tomatoes, shallot, chorizo and cheddar. This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small amount of money if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. Load the pita bread with your favorite sauce. DIY Pitta Bread Pizzas for Kids Place this tray onto the kitchen table or another surface, along with the pitta breads or naan breads and let the kids make their own pizzas.