Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
From Gordon Ramsay's The F Word #GordonRamsay #Cooking. Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. You can have Shepherd's Pie using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 6 of red Potatoes.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese.
- You need 300 gram of Minced beef.
- You need 1 of small onion – chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic – chopped.
- It’s of Fresh rosemary.
- You need of Fresh thyme.
- It’s 150 ml of fresh milk.
- Prepare 1 of carrot – chopped.
- You need To taste of butter.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoon of flour.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need as needed of Beef broth.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie recipes are traditionally done with lamb, but are great with any ground meat–turkey and beef being the most popular modern versions. Give this great casserole a try. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil then put potato in to the boiling water and cook until tender. Peel the skin, mash and mix with cheddar cheese, yolk,butter, milk and salt pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan heat olive oil and fry chopped onion then add chopped garlic and fry until fragrant, add carrot and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add minced beef,rosemary, thyme, flour, salt,pepper, and fry untill beef golden brown..
- Add beef brot and tomato paste, bring to boil and reduce heat then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish spread beef, layer with mashed potato and flatten well.
- Bake in the oven in 200 c for 20 minutes or untill golden brown..
- And this is it,, have done and ready to serve.
Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Shepherd's pie probably isn't your go-to weeknight dinner, but during the fall and winter, it's worth adding into the rotation.