Shepherds Pie low carb. Low-carb shepherd's pie with a cheesy cauliflower crust is an absolute low-carb family staple. Low-carb shepherd's pie was one of the first family meals I converted to a low-carb version. In fact, many family recipes can easily be adapted, as it is usually the side dishes or accompaniments that.
Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground. I LOVE traditional shepherd's pie (although to be completely authentic it would have to be made with ground lamb instead of beef – you can use either meat interchangeably in this recipe, lamb tends to be a little fattier though). And I love even more that I can have a low carb version that tastes just as good. You can have Shepherds Pie low carb using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie low carb
- It’s of pie.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of lamb.
- It’s 2 cup of carrots.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 8 oz of mushroom.
- You need 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/3 tsp of marjoram.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of rosemary.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of summer savory.
- It’s 7 of lamb stock or beef stock.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter softened.
- It’s of mashed cauliflower.
- You need 2 of large heads of cauliflower.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 pints of water.
This Keto shepherd's pie or low carb cottage pie is a one pot recipe that is hearty and perfect any day of the week. The classic version is made from lamb, but I used beef (water buffalo) and replaced the traditional carrots and peas for spinach and mushrooms. This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Shepherds Pie low carb step by step
- Preheat oven 275° Fahrenheit.
- Chop the lamb into bite sized pieces..
- Slice the carrots, and mushrooms. Chop the onions. Mix everything for the pie together. Put into 9×13 baking pan. Bake 2 hours. Stir well..
- Boil steam the cauliflower. Drain all the liquids when it gets fork tender..
- Mix the salt, cream, and cauliflower. Whip them till creamy don't make the cauliflower too runny but should be firm. Let cool..
- Spread cauliflower over the lamb mixture. Turn heat up to 425° Fahrenheit. Make grooves in cauliflower and bake 30 minutes..
- Let sit 10 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!.
Shepherd's Pie is one of those recipes that I really didn't like growing up. Jump to Video · Jump to Recipe. This easy shepherd's pie recipe is perfect for the low carb keto diet thanks to the whipped cauliflower mash topping. Cook the veggies in an oven safe pan brown the ground lamb, top it with the mash, and cook in the oven. Low-Carb Shepherd's Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.