taisen's pot roast in a crockpot. Pot Roast Crockpot Recipe – Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef with Potatoes and Carrots Welcome to North Texas Vegetable Gardening and Cooking with Hillbilly. Crockpot chuck roast is Sunday dinner at its best; tender, juicy, mouthwatering beef! Make this pot roast recipe in a slow cooker or a Dutch oven.
This easy Crockpot Pot Roast is an old family recipe with secret ingredients that combine to make a super flavorful & extra tender pot roast in the slow cooker! My Family's Secret Crockpot Pot Roast Recipe. I am crazy excited to be sharing this epic Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe with all of you today. You can have taisen's pot roast in a crockpot using 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of taisen's pot roast in a crockpot
- It’s 1 of chuck roast. you can use any cut of meat that you like. rump round chuck or bottom. go by how many your feeding for how many pounds you need and what fits into your crockpot.
- You need 1 box of Lipton beefy onion dry soup mix.
- Prepare 1 box of Lipton mushroom onion dry soup mix.
- It’s 1 box of beef broth.
- It’s 1 of garlic to taste.
- Prepare 1 of butter to taste.
- You need 1 of water.
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of seasoning salt but be careful with how much you use.
- Prepare 1 bag of of fresh carrots sliced and peeled or canned carrots.
- Prepare 5 of or more peeled baking potatoes ( or any kind you like ) peeled and sliced. you can also use canned.
- You need 1 medium of or large onion.
- Prepare 1 of for gravy : flour or cornstarch , beef broth, liquid from the roast, milk , salt only if needed and pepper and if you like mushrooms.
- You need 1 packages of of fresh Portobello mushroom ( cleaned and sliced ) or 1 can or jar of mushrooms.
- You need 1 of meat tenderizer ( this is salty as well ).
I'm not a pot roast expert, but I've made pot roast in the Crockpot enough times to have strong opinions about how it should be done. There are three things I think are important to remember. First, Brown the meat well before you put it in the Crockpot because browning creates flavor. This Crockpot pot roast comes out super tender and moist thanks to its cut (beef chuck) and the slow-roasted veggies mixed in to complement How to Make Crockpot Pot Roast.
taisen's pot roast in a crockpot step by step
- put the roast into the crockpot.
- sprinkle meat tenderizer , seasoning salt , pepper and a touch of garlic on the meat. i also poke holes in the meat with a fork before doing this. you can also use it as a rub if you like. peel and chop up onion or omit the extra onion. I am an onion lover!.
- get a bowl or measuring cup. add two packs of each Lipton soup. add water and mix VERY well. you can add a third or fourth pack if you want more. I add enough liquid to totally cover the roast.
- slowly add the liquid into the crockpot. add more water into the bowl or measuring cup mixing any powder or residue left and add to the roast.
- add in about half of the beef broth. reserve rest for gravy..
- mix the liquid around the roast lightly making sure there is no un dissolved powder. cover put the crockpot on high and let it simmer and cook for at least 4 hours.
- you can add butter at ANY time or omit it.
- depending on how big the piece of meat is will determine how long you cook this and when you add in veggies.
- I add my peeled and sliced potatoes about 2 to 3 hours before this is finished cooking. this also depends on how thick you slice them. the thinner/smaller they are the faster they cook. potatoes will get mushy if you add them to soon. I cook my roast on high from about 12 pm until 3 or 4 pm on high then switch it to low.
- add in carrots and mushrooms about an hour before it is ready unless you like them less firm. if using mushrooms in the gravy reserve them.
- using a spoon you should be able to tell if the meat falls apart or not..
- this is more soupy but lets thicken! !.
- take a saucepan put it on the stove. add in reserved beef broth. add some juices from the crockpot ! this can be done half and half or just the juices. your choice..
- if using mushrooms in the gravy add them to this to cook them down a bit. you want them to shrink to a smaller size. you can fry them in a bit of butter first or boil them in the juices first to your liking..
- take a bowl mix up milk and flour or cornstarch. mix very well..
- add the milk/flour/cornstarch into the liquid slowly while stirring. make it as thick as you like.
- take out the roast when fully cooked and falling apart by spoon! shred or cut into pieces onto a plate. add veggies on the side or on top. put some gravy over top of it all. serve with rolls butter bread or anything else like rice or noodles. enjoy.
Season the chuck roast, then brown it on all sides in a hot skillet. Line your slow cooker insert with a Reynolds Slow. Use some additional water if it is to cook that long. Both my wife and I commented how tasty it turned out. This is an easy and very tasty recipe for pot roast and I recommend anyone likes a good pot roast!