Beef Lengua. I almost forgot to upload this video that was filmed last September before I went back to UK. My kuya Tim cooked our daddy's Beef Lengua recipe. Slow cooker lengua, also known as beef tongue, is a surprisingly tender meat.
Sweet, tangy and salty, lengua (beef tongue) estofado is an easy and tasty dish to serve for the holidays. Pair with colorful vegetables for a festive look. Yes, my family loves beef tongue. You can cook Beef Lengua using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Lengua
- You need 1/2 kg of tenderloin or sirloin beef.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 can of button mushroom (slice).
- You need 1/3 cup of light soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 pinch of of ground pepper.
- Prepare 2 cup of water (enough to cover the beef).
Lengua is a dish made from beef or pork tongue, beef being the more popular choice. The popular way of cooking Lengua in the Philippines is with white sauce. People would normally serve this at special. Beef Lengua de Pastel is another popular version of beef tongue dish in delicious creamy mushroom sauce.
Beef Lengua instructions
- Using unsalted butter fry beef in medium heat. Do not over fry it. Add 2 cups of water and light sauce. Simmer until beef tender.Sprinkle with ground pepper..
- In a bowl mix cream of mushroom with 1 can of water. Stir until no lumps seen. Set aside..
- Pour cream of mushroom when beef is tender. Simmer until sauce thicken. Add the button mushroom. Adjust the taste when needed. Have a nice meal:)))..
This recipe is in Tagalog instructions & easy to follow. Isang masarap na version ng Lengua! Lengua in Mushroom Sauce with velvety soft ox tongue and creamy mushroom sauce. He'd be pleasantly surprised how far more succulent and flavorful tongue is than any other beef parts. Dinner Mexican Beef Recipes Pressure Cooker Beef Recipes Southwest Beef Recipes.