Oven Braised Pot Roast. This easy braised oven pot roast is perfectly flavored with red wine, garlic, and thyme. This pot is great for roasts, soups, stews, meatloaf and even bread. Check out this affordable Dutch oven from Lodge.
In North America, when vegetables and Braising the perfect pot roast is not complicated at all, but you can't rush it. Once assembled, all you need to do is place it in the oven and let it cook; it's. Make this meal on a Sunday and you'll have three dinners taken care of! You can cook Oven Braised Pot Roast using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Braised Pot Roast
- You need 3 of -5 lb boneless Chuck Roast.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, cut into slivers.
- You need 2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning, or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable or Canola oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- It’s 3 cup of Beef Stock or broth, warmed.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried Thyme, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
The recipe yields enough for both Roast Beef Hash on Mo. The recipe yields enough for both Roast Beef Hash on Monday, and Pot Roast Tacos With Chimichurri on Tuesday. This oven braised chuck roast rocks. I seriously could just end the post there to be honest.
Oven Braised Pot Roast instructions
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Stud the roast using the tip of a knife to cut multiple small slits in areas all over the meat and inserting slivers of garlic into each cut..
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder with fork. Sprinkle flour mixture over entire roast. Rub mixture into the roast, turning until thoroughly covered, including sides. Let rest for 15 min while the oven pre-heats.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of fat in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Using tongs, carefully place roast into hot oil and sear it on all sides..
- Remove roast and set aside. Add more fat or oil as needed to equal 1/4 cup. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring constantly until mixture reaches the color of mud (about 5-7 mins)..
- Stir in the chopped onion and cook about 3 minutes..
- Stir in the warm beef broth, thyme, Worcestershire and bay leaf.
- Place roast into the gravy, spoon some of the gravy on top, cover and cook at 275°F for 4 hours basting occasionally (if you want to add vegetables and potato's, after two hours remove from the oven, baste the meat and add the carrots along the side of the roast, cover and return to the oven for 1 hr. then remove, baste and add the potatoes, cover and cook another hr or until the potatoes are tender).
I decided to call it a Sunday Oven Braised Pot Roast because it reminded me of just that. The kind of roasts our mama's and grandma's would sear off and then stick into a low oven to cook nice and slow. Braised Pot Roast is a wonderful way to make pot roast. CATEGORIES: One Dish Dinners, Oven Baked, Roasts. It's been about a year and a half since I sat down here at this same computer and started writing a blog post about pot roast.