Grandma's Sloppy Joe's. I felt I just had to rate and review Grandma's Sloppy Joes because of the mixed feelings of other reviewers regarding the sweetness. Grandma's Sloppy Joes recipe: Quick and easy to make, and delicious too! These were a family tradition, when we were growing up.
Full of flavor, easy to make and freezer friendly too! Does your family have any famous recipes that have been passed down. This is a simple Sloppy Joe recipe that you can make with ground turkey or ground beef. You can cook Grandma's Sloppy Joe's using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grandma's Sloppy Joe's
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef… I use sirloin most of the time.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of onion chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of celery chopped.
- It’s 1 can of condensed tomato soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 6 slice of any kinda buns.
- You need 6 slice of cheese (I use any kind of cheese). but grma used cheddar or American.
This recipe came from my grandma–one of the few we found written down! I grew up eating these sloppy joes as a kid and now my own kids love them too. Add the oatmeal in small portions and. View top rated Grandma's sloppy joes recipes with ratings and reviews.
Grandma's Sloppy Joe's step by step
- I chop my onions and celery then saute w a little butter till its kinda a mush consistency..
- meanwhile im browning the ground beef. drain.
- add the beef, veggies & spices together in a medium sauce pan on med to low heat..
- add the remainder of the ingredients (tomato soup and ketchup) on medium to low heat..
- turn down heat and simmer for 20-30 mins..
- serve on any kinda bun.. I like mine on a open faced toasted bun w a slice of cheddar on top.
Bubba's Sloppy Joe Chili, Pat Hoover's Sloppy Joe Recipe, Helen's Sloppy Joes, etc. The BEST Homemade Sloppy Joes – The Chunky Chef. To the beef mixture you're going to add ketchup, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and … Grandma's Things. Step away from the canned sauce and give these homemade sloppy joes a try! They're truly the best version of a childhood favorite!