Pressure Cooker Beef Stew. This beef stew was made for us when we were just infants. Beef, carrots and potatoes taste like they simmered all day, but this is ready in about half an hour. This Pressure Cooker Beef Stew is a classic, old-fashioned recipe, based on a stovetop version my mom cooked for me growing up.
Like my Ukrainian grandma used to make. Pressure Cooker American Beef Stew Recipe. Unraveling the mysteries of home cooking through science. You can cook Pressure Cooker Beef Stew using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Beef Stew
- It’s 2 LBs of beef stew meet.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of cooking oil.
- You need 1 of medium celery stick.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need 3 cloves of fresh garlic.
- You need 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of cups water (or beef broth).
- You need 2 1/2 Tbsp of beef bouillon.
- It’s 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of potatoes (cut into large chunks).
- It’s 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 2 of dried bay leaves.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbsp of cold water.
With the aid of a countertop or stovetop pressure cooker, you can make incredibly satisfying and tasty beef stew, with tender beef and rich, browned flavors, in just about an. Pressure Cook Beef Stew: Add the beef briskets chunks and make sure the briskets are spread out, so each piece can soak the stock mixture. Serve Pressure Cooker Beef Stew: Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with pasta, rice, or just eat it as is.
Pressure Cooker Beef Stew instructions
- Combine 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1/4 cup flour and coat beef with mixture..
- Saute beef in oil until browned (no need to cook all the way through) once browned set aside..
- In pan that browned meat cook celery, onion, tomato paste, garlic..
- Turn off saute setting, add 3 1/2 cups beef broth or water and 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- Add browned meat back into instant pot, along with carrots and potatoes and bay leaves. combine well.
- Close lid, close vent, set to pressure cook on high for 35 minutes then let naturally release for 10 minutes then quick release.
- Remove lid and set to saute.
- Make corn starch slurry out of 1.5 Tbsp corn starch and 1.5 Tbsp cold water combine well then add into simmering beef stew.
- Stir well to thicken, turn off heat and serve.
Optional step: For more texture, add. Pressure Cooker Beef Stew: This is a recipe I've been working on for a couple weeks – converting my standard beef stew recipe to work well in the pressure cooker. I think at this point I've perfected this pressure cooker beef stew! I'm not sure I'll be making it the slow simmering way ever again. Beef stew has never tasted so good!