Beef Kaldereta. Beef Kaldereta is a main stay in any Filipino Kitchen. It is a type of beef stew cooked with tomato sauce and liver spread. Some consider kaldereta as the Philippines most famous beef stew.
Kaldereta or caldereta is a goat meat stew from the Philippines. Variations of the dish use beef, chicken, or pork. Commonly, the goat meat is stewed with vegetables and liver paste. You can cook Beef Kaldereta using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Kaldereta
- Prepare 2 lbs of beef cubed.
- Prepare 3 pieces of garlic cloves crushed and chopped.
- You need 1 piece of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 1 piece of red bell pepper sliced.
- It’s 1 piece of green bell pepper sliced.
- You need 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of liver spread processed using blender.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chili flake.
- You need 3 pieces of dried bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 cups of potatoes sliced.
- Prepare 2 cups of carrots sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of cooking oil.
- It’s 2/3 cup of green olives.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
Beef Kaldereta (or Caldereta) is a Filipino spicy tomato-based beef stew loved by many Filipinos. This spicy dish is commonly served on holidays and special occasions but believe me. Beef Kaldereta is a Filipino Beef Stew. It is prepared with a tomato-based sauce along with some vegetables.
Beef Kaldereta step by step
- Heat the cooking oil in the cooking pot or pressure cooker..
- Sauté the onion and garlic..
- Add the beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown..
- Add the dried bay leaves and crushed pepper. Stir..
- Add the liver spread. Stir..
- Pour-in the tomato sauce and beef broth..
- Cook the beef until it becomes tender (about 30 mins if using a pressure cooker, or 1 to 2 hours if using an ordinary pot)..
- Add potato and carrots. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes..
- Put the green olives and bell peppers in the cooking pot. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes more..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy.
Carrots, potato, bell peppers are commonly used. This is my recipe of Beef Caldereta, I am sharing with you my version wherein I don't use any artificial taste enhancers. I live in the Philippines and this dish was prepared by my Filipino wife, it is the common recipe for Caldereta in the Philippines. This Beef Caldereta recipe (Kaldereta) gives you know-how on preparing this hearty dish. Beef Caldereta or Kaldereta is also known as the beef stew in tomato sauce.