Barbacoa, A Love Story.
You can have Barbacoa, A Love Story using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Barbacoa, A Love Story
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 4 lb of pork loin, center cut.
- It’s 2 large of white onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of poblano pepper, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 medium of bell peppers, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 can of 4 oz Chipotle peppers.
- Prepare 4 of Chipotle peppers, according to desired heat.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sauce from Chipotle peppers.
- Prepare 2 cup of beef stock.
- You need 2 of juiced limes, I only had lemons on hand today.
- You need 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes, drained.
- You need 1 cup of Ginger ale (…or chicken broth).
- Prepare 1 of salt, only after shredded.
Barbacoa, A Love Story instructions
- Collect all ingredients.
- Heat oil in pan on med/high. Brown pork loin on all sides..
- Put your pork in the crock pot.
- In the same pan with all the porky goodness, sauteé your onions.
- In your blender add half your onion, all of the garlic, and Chipotle peppers. I just add the entire can/jar, we like heat.
- Blend those babies up.
- Pour in with your pork..
- Drain the tomatoes, dump into the blender. Squeeze the heck out of your limes/lemons into the blender. Take out seeds if they sneak in..
- A thinner sauce than earlier..
- Pour it in with the pork and the Chipotle sauce.
- Add beef broth.
- Add ginger ale or chicken broth, I like ginger ale.
- Cook on high for 5 hrs.
- Remove when fork tender.
- Shred that beast apart like so.
- Return to juices in crock pot.
- While you wait sauteé peppers and onions. Use some of the pork juice to sweat them (or serve raw, they are beautiful either way).
- Remove about 2 cups liquid, but reserve for storing and reheating leftovers (pain in the butt, but you'll thank me).
- You're ready to serve up some beautiful barbacoa pork.