Shepherd's pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
From Gordon Ramsay's The F Word #GordonRamsay #Cooking. Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. You can have Shepherd's pie using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- Prepare 1 of ground beef or lamb.
- You need 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of frozen or fresh carrot cubed.
- You need 3 of large potatoes.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 1 of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 of oil to cook meat.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie recipes are traditionally done with lamb, but are great with any ground meat–turkey and beef being the most popular modern versions. Give this great casserole a try. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.
Shepherd's pie step by step
- If a pan, add the oil, onion and chopped garlic.
- Let it cook for couple of minutes then add the beef or lamb.
- Keep stirring.. you can little bit of cinnamon powder to remove the smell of lamb or beef **optional**.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the flour and keep stirring till the flour is golden.
- Add all the spices and the ketchup.. keep stirring.
- Add the water then the veggies.
- Cover over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat to the pan that will go to the oven.
- Boil the potatoes in boiling water then peel them and mash them.
- In a cooking pan add bit of oil and the mashed potatoes.. keep stirring then add the milk and cheese.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the meat.. make some groves using a fork to the top of the potatoes.
- Cook in the oven for 20 min 350°F.
Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Shepherd's pie probably isn't your go-to weeknight dinner, but during the fall and winter, it's worth adding into the rotation.