Easy Country Pot Roast. Classic Sunday Pot Roast is an easy to make comfort food that is hearty, filling, and can easily feed the whole family. This recipe will work for a classic. Use some additional water if it is to cook that long.
This easy pot roast seasoning was developed out of a need for a great seasoning that we could grab and slather on a big chuck roast! This pot roast seasoning is a perfect mix of savory and sweet. The garlic and onion seasoning in this dry rub are traditionally found in pot roast recipes, but using a little. You can have Easy Country Pot Roast using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Country Pot Roast
- Prepare 1 (4 pound) of beef chuck roast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Bacon drippings (or olive oil).
- It’s 1 of Garlic salt.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Baby carrots.
- Prepare 10 of small Potatoes.
- You need 10 of Pearl onions.
- It’s 3 of Parsnips, cut in 1 inch strips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Celery, chopped.
- You need 4 clove of Garlic, smashed and sliced.
- You need 5 of Mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Pot Roast or stew seasoning.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
This good old-fashioned pot roast is served with a rich gravy made from the cooking juices and the vegetables simmered with the meat. On waxed paper, coat roast with flour. Pot roast predates the modern range and likely originated when hearth cooking was common. Heavy "pot-ovens" fitted with a tight lid were suspended Freezing Pot Roast Make sure the cooked, cooled meat is completely covered with liquid before you freeze it.
Easy Country Pot Roast instructions
- Sprinkle the roast with garlic salt and pepper..
- Melt the bacon drippings in a large frying pan on high heat..
- Gently place the roast in the pan..
- Sear all sides of the roast including the edges..
- Holding the lid over the majority of the pan, quickly pour in 3 cups of water. Steam will be hot..
- Reduce heat to medium low and gently simmer for 4 hours..
- An hour before you want to eat, add all the veggies. Arrange them around the meat so they are mostly covered with broth..
- Sprinkle the seasoning packet over everything, cover and turn up the heat to medium low..
- Divide the meat into chunks after 30 minutes so the broth can flavor the meaty morsels even more..
- Simmer for an hour, allow to sit 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
You can accomplish this by cutting the. We wanted a slow-cooker pot roast recipe that gave us juicy meat and a flavorful gravy. Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots – this is any easy one pot dinner that my whole family loves. Hearty and comforting and perfect for fall! This easy pot roast is cooked with barbecue sauce and canned pinto beans.