My Shepherds Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or The original recipe comes from my friend Frances Hochschild, and her mother (thanks. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw.
It's all in flavouring the mince. From Gordon Ramsay's The F Word #GordonRamsay #Cooking. My easy shepherd's pie recipe goes down great with my family, they always manage to finish off every last Whatever you want to call them, shepherds pie or cottage pie just has to be the ultimate in. You can have My Shepherds Pie using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 10 3/4 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- It’s 1 can of corn kernels, drained.
- Prepare 1 packages of mashed potatoes (such as the Idaho pouch) or your own mashed potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder (or more or less, to taste).
- Prepare 1 of salt (to taste).
- It’s 1 of pepper (to taste).
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie probably isn't your go-to weeknight dinner, but during the fall and winter, it's worth adding into the rotation. Shepherd's pie is an easy, thrifty dish that anyone can enjoy.
My Shepherds Pie instructions
- brown / cook the ground beef and onion together, then drain the grease and return to pan.
- add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and can of mushroom soup to the ground beef and mix until heated.
- make the mashed potatoes as directed on pouch or box (serving for 4-6).
- spoon the meat / soup mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish.
- pour the drained can of corn onto the meat mixture.
- spoon the mashed potatoes on top of the corn and meat.
- cover with cheese (I didn't advise how much because it depends on how much and what type you like.).
- bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted and browned or bubbly but not burned.
It is hearty, comforting, and can warm you up on chilly nights. Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best. This one has a secret ingredient for extra savouriness. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily.