Finnish Beef Stroganoff. Once upon a time, there really was a guy named "Stroganoff" (in the Anglicized version), which is the reason for the name of the delicious beef. An easy beef stroganoff recipe with tender strips of beef and mushrooms cooked in sour cream and served over noodles. Oh Beef Stroganoff—the ultimate comfort food!
Garnish with parsley and serve with pappardelle pasta or rice. This classic beef stroganoff recipe uses ingredients commonly kept on hand for an easy and Garlic, basil, and thyme bring extra flavor to this easy ground beef stroganoff made with cream of. Learn how to make a Beef Stroganoff Recipe! You can cook Finnish Beef Stroganoff using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Finnish Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of top round steak.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion sliced.
- You need of Water or beef broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of tomato paste or ketchup.
- You need 2 tsp of prepared hot mustard.
- Prepare 2 of dill pickles finely chopped.
I hope you enjoy this Beef Stroganoff Recipe! This classic beef stroganoff recipe from scratch features tender slices of steak and savory mushrooms smothered in creamy brown gravy. Beef stroganoff is classic comfort food your family will love. This Beef Stroganoff recipe will make you fall in love with the flavor combination of white wine, beef and mushrooms in a rich velvety cream sauce!
Finnish Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Slice the meat thinly against the grain..
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and flour, coating the meat evenly..
- Brown meat in the butter over medium high heat, adding onions shortly after the meat..
- Add enough water or broth to cover the bottom of the pan, scraping the brownings from the bottom of the pan..
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender. You may need to add a bit more water or broth so that the meat does not stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Just before serving, combine the cream, tomato paste or ketchup, mustard and dill pickles and stir into the meat mixture..
- Serve with broad egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes..
And how can anyone resist these tender strips of. Our easy and authentic Stroganoff (or Stroganov) is a simple and comforting Russian dish consisting of sauteed pieces of. Easy Beef Stroganoff cooked in one pan! Made with browned ground beef and caramelized mushrooms. Hearty, satisfying and packed with flavor!