Hearty Beef Stroganoff (crock pot). Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is serious comfort food. Tender beef, mushrooms, and onions are cooked in a slow cooker and mixed with a sour cream sauce and It's hearty, rich, and unbelievably flavorful. And, the slow cooker does most of the work, making it a great recipe for those busy week nights.
Just before serving, a scoop of sour cream is added in for the perfect creamy sauce. I love it when I can use my crock pot for delicious recipes such as Beef Stroganoff! This dish is so rich in flavor and hearty. You can cook Hearty Beef Stroganoff (crock pot) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hearty Beef Stroganoff (crock pot)
- Prepare of beef rump roast, trimmed and thinly sliced into 2-inch strips.
- It’s of black pepper.
- You need of sea salt.
- You need of safflower oil.
- Prepare of yellow onion, thinly sliced.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- You need of dry white wine.
- You need of low-sodium beef broth.
- It’s of white whole-wheat flour.
- You need of Worcester sauce.
- You need of white mushrooms, sliced.
- You need of bay leaves.
- It’s of star anise.
- Prepare of sour cream.
It can be served with rice. While this beef stroganoff recipe is the classic preparation usually associated with the dish, there are all kinds of fun new twists and streamlined time-savers to be found in Betty's best beef stroganoff recipes, including Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff and One-Pot Beef Stroganoff. This Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is so easy, ultra-creamy, and makes the perfect hearty and cozy meal for those cold winter nights. This slow cooker version of a classic is made without cream of "x" soup and the beef is cooked low and slow, resulting in an extra tender texture.
Hearty Beef Stroganoff (crock pot) instructions
- Season beef with salt and pepper, tossing to coat. In skillet, heat oil. Lightly brown meat in batches, transferring to crock pot when done..
- In same skillet, add onion and cook until softened. Stir in garlic. Transfer to crock pot. Reduce heat and add wine, stirring to scrape up browned bits..
- In small bowl, combine 1/4 c broth and flour until there are no lumps. Add to skillet with remaining broth and Worcester sauce. Stir constantly until slightly thickened. Add to crock pot..
- Add mushrooms, bay leaves and anise to crock pot..
- Cover crock pot and cook 4 hours on high. To serve, remove bay leaves and anise. Mix in sour cream..
Tender beef, hearty mushrooms and a creamy sauce poured over a bowl of warm egg noodles is the definition of comfort. Cut up any large pieces of stew meat. Heat oil in a large skillet over med/high heat. This Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is a delicious, hearty comfort food idea – made in the slow cooker with sour cream This crock pot beef stroganoff is the BEST way to use your slow cooker to its full potential. This is the type of recipe you can leave sitting cooking all day while you're at work, or you.