Easy Beef Stew for Two. Slow Cooker Beef Stew For Two. This is the perfect recipe for two and makes a great dinner or lunch with no pre-browning required. This easy Ground Beef Stroganoff features ground beef, onions, tender mushrooms, and egg noodles coated in a rich creamy savory sauce.
It's the exact same recipe but with different cooking. Cooking for Two is designed with simple yet delicious meals in mind, low cost food, easy prep and cooking, simple clean up. Simple recipe and cooking, as well as easy clean up. You can have Easy Beef Stew for Two using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Beef Stew for Two
- Prepare 1-2 lbs of well marbled beef chuck shoulder, in 2" in chunks.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper to season.
- You need 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, largely diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, rough chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s Handful of flour.
- It’s 3 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 of bay leave.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried time.
- Prepare of Couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 4-6 of carrots, cut into 1" medallions.
- It’s 4-6 of celery stalks,cut 1" pieces.
- It’s 1 of large potato, skinned and cut into 1" pieces.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can stewed tomatoes with juices.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
I used two cups of beef broth instead of water, skipped the tomatoes (family preference) and added mushrooms. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Beef Stew for the Slow Cooker. Crock Pot Beef Stew is chock full of hearty flavor and goodness. Tender beef, carrots, potatoes come together in a rich flavorful gravy.
Easy Beef Stew for Two instructions
- Trim any large fat caps off your meat and cube meat into large bites, season liberally with salt and pepper. Set aside. The salt will encourage natural sugars to come to meats surface for better browning..
- In a large stock pot, heat a tablespoon of olive oil on med high heat until nearly smoking.
- In three batches, pat meat dry and drop into hot pan and sear each side a couple minutes to get a dark brown crust. Do not crowd all the meat into the pan or it will simply steam. Add more oil for each batch. Set browned meat aside..
- Add onion, then garlic to the pan and saute a couple minutes. Add balsamic and tomato paste and stir a minute longer. Scrape any bits from bottom of pan..
- Add meat to back to the pan and dust liberally with flour. Stir to cook flour 2 minutes..
- Add broth, bay leaf, thyme, and Worcestershire. Reduce heat to low..
- Add vegetables and can tomatoes with juices. Stir and cover..
- Cook on a low simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally until meat is fork tender. Add parsley at the finish..
- Add more broth if needed or to thicken mix one tablespoon of flour with a little broth and add to pot and continue cooking..
- Check at the end for needed salt or pepper. Remove bay leaf before serving..
In the dead of the winter it can provide you with wonderful warm cozy meals like this Crock Pot Beef Stew for Two. A great recipe is always a good reason to turn on. The recipe serves two people, perfect for date-night in or for nights when you feel like cooking yourself a fancy meal. Julia Child may be the face behind classic beef bourguignon, but we take all the credit for this almost-instant version that's made on the stove with Progresso™ beef flavored broth and red. This easy, flavorful beef stew recipe in the crock pot uses lean beef and carrots, potatoes, rosemary, and garlic.