Beef Stew. Beef stew meat breaks down and becomes more tender the longer you cook. Two hours is typically the sweet spot for beef stew unless you're cooking a slow-cooker stew. You can also follow our best tips for tenderizing meat.
And it's full of nourishing vegetables, including carrots, potato, green bell pepper, celery and onion. The fragrant stock that comes together during the dish's long simmer is a perfect complement to. Heat oil in an oven-safe Dutch oven over medium-high heat. You can have Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stew
- You need 2 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of leek.
- Prepare 300 grams of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 100 ml of Red wine.
- Prepare 250 ml of water.
- You need 1 of bouillon cube.
- Prepare 10 grams of parsley.
- It’s 10 of Sweet paprika.
- You need 500 grams of stew beef.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- Prepare 20 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
Beef stew is the ultimate comfort food. With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these variations elevate the classic from familiar to fabulous. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove the beef from the pot and add the vinegar and wine.
Beef Stew step by step
- When the meat is brown, put meat away in a dish.
- Brown meat in a tablespoon of oil.
- Cut 2 carrots in small pieces.
- Cut the leek in small pieces as well as the onion.
- Place the pieces of carrots, leek, and onion at high temperature until they are golden with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- When golden, add meat and a glass of water. Then add the red wine, parsley, sweet paprika, the tomato sauce and the bouillon cube. salt can be added here only if someone wants it. I usually don't add it but some people prefer to add it..
- Cover and cook for one hour..
Cook over medium-high heat, scraping the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits. Add the beef, beef broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer. In a large pot or dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown. Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into pot.