Hunan Beef and Noodles. Our Hunan Beef recipe is an authentic Chinese version of the dish, NOT the Americanized version. Try this recipe to see what Hunan Beef should taste like! You may have ordered Hunan Beef from your local takeout joint before.
Did you know Hunan and Szechuan are regional cuisines? Combine all the ingredients, sauce, marinade, and beef when they're first cooked. Overall, it's easy to make Szechuan beef, and it consumes less time than Hunan. You can have Hunan Beef and Noodles using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hunan Beef and Noodles
- It’s 4 oz of beef tips.
- Prepare 3 oz of rice noodles.
- You need 1/2 cup of broccoli.
- You need 1/4 cup of celery.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sweet chili sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
Hunan style beef stir fry—a dish popular across the country. This is the authentic Chinese version. Hunan cuisine usually features fresh chili and short term picked chili peppers for example this salted Hunan chili. There are several versions inside China, mostly with essential pickled yellow pepper.
Hunan Beef and Noodles instructions
- Bring pot of water to rolling boil. Add noodles, let cook for 10-12 minutes until soft..
- Bring wok to high heat. Add beef tips and sear outside. Combine 2 tbsp soy sauce, sweet chili, mustard, honey, cayenne pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Stir together, cook for 5 minutes..
- Cut broccoli into small sections. Slice celery into 1/2" chunks. Add to wok, cook for 4-5 minutes..
- When noodles finish, drain water, and rinse. Stir 1 tbsp soy sauce in with noodles..
- When beef has internal temperature of 155°F, remove from heat. Plate beef and veggies on top of noodles..
Hunan Beef is made of thinly sliced beef, loaded with colorful veggies and tossed in a hot and spicy sauce. Not only is it addictive, it's also made in one pan! Hunan Beef might already be one of your go-to dishes when ordering Chinese takeout. If it isn't, be ready to be swept off your feet. Lightly coated shrimp served w. lettuce, broccoli, thin crispy noodles and a special lemon sauce mixed at your table.