Panjiri. Panjiri is a very healthy, highly nourishing food given to new mothers in Punjab and other states of North India. The ingredients in the dish are thought to help them heal, increase breast milk and speed up the recovery process. Panjiri is a staple from the Punjab region of the Pakistan and India. treated as a nutritional supplement.
Its use is quite ritualistic and meaningful. Panjiri recipe with step by step pics – panjiri is a traditional Punjabi sweet made with whole wheat flour, powdered sugar and ghee. The recipe I am sharing here today is a family recipe and one of the most favorite sweet at home. You can cook Panjiri using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Panjiri
- Prepare 750 Gram of Ghee.
- It’s 500 gram of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 500 gram of sugar.
- It’s 250 gram of Magaz.
- Prepare 250 gram of Almond.
- Prepare 250 gram of melon seeds.
- You need 250 gram of cashew nuts.
- It’s 250 gram of coconut grated.
- It’s 100 gram of powder edible gum Crystal (ghond).
- You need 100 gram of Flame – of – the – forest (kamarkas).
- Prepare 500 gram of khaskhas.
- It’s 100 gram of saunfpuffed lotus seeds (makhane).
- It’s 50 gram of powdered dried ginger (saunth).
- It’s 250 gram of walnuts.
- It’s 250 gram of unsalted pistachio.
- You need of If you like raisin you can add and fry but don't grind.
There are many variations of making panjiri and the one which I am sharing today has Only whole wheat flour in it. "Panjiri is a great sweet when travelling, an instant energy booster, and gives immense strength to the body," says Gurugram-based chef Ila Prakash Singh, adding, "With the goodness of cow. Panjiri Recipe, Learn how to make Panjiri (absolutely delicious recipe of Panjiri ingredients and cooking method) About Panjiri Recipe: The most popular festive delicacy heres an easy and quick Panjiri recipe. A delicious, traditional recipe, without which an Indian festival or puja is quite incomplete. Panjiri is a dry, sweet delicacy made with flour cooked with dry fruits, makhanas and gond.
Panjiri step by step
- Heat ghee in heavy bottomed khrahi. fry all the dried fruits one by one till they turn golden brown. first almond,then cashew nuts, pistachio, lotus seeds,and lastly melon seeds.keep them aside..
- In the same ghee fry the kamarkas,and keep them aside. Next roast the grated coconut and keep it aside. Now, coarsely grind all dry fruits, except the melon seeds. Grind the kamarkas and ghond into the fine powder..
- Heat the remaining ghee and roast flour over medium heat till the colour of flour changes to golden brown and the ghee starts separating. Trun down the flame at this point and sprinkle in powdered gum Crystal. Keep stirring the mixture until the crystal puff up and the spluttering stops. Add the powdered saunth and mix well..
- Trun of the flame. keep on stirring the mixture for another 5 minutes. Add the all dry ingredients and sugar and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a large dish and let cool..
- Store the panjiri in a airtight container. Enjoy the delicious panjiri..
This tasty dessert recipe can be prepared with common ingredients available in your home like wholemeal flour, powdered sugar, mixed dry fruits, and ghee. For cooking this panjiri recipe, take a flat-bottomed frying pan and start heating some ghee in it. Once the ghee is heated, add cashews and almonds to it. Roast them both for at least a minute and then transfer the roasted almond and cashews to a bowl and keep them aside. This super-food is prepared with ghee, wheat flour, semolina and loaded with chock-full of healthy nuts.