Cheeseburger Macaroni No box here!. Source(s): I have a box right here. Cheeseburger Macaroni Pantry Meal Using Food Storage ~ Noreen's Kitchen. Bacon Cheeseburger Mac ~Homemade Cheeseburger Macaroni Recipe ~ Noreen's Kitchen. box Hamburger Helper™ cheeseburger macaroni.
The original recipe does not even call for salt and pepper and I always add more cheese. Add undrained tomatoes and one cup water; bring to boil. But cheeseburger macaroni is so much more than obligation. You can have Cheeseburger Macaroni No box here! using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Macaroni No box here!
- It’s of ground sirloin, or chuck. Your choice. I used 1 1/2 lbs.
- You need of small yellow onion diced.
- You need of elbow macaroni.
- It’s of beef broth.
- It’s of sour cream.
- It’s of freshly shredded cheddar cheese. I used smoker cheddar.
- Prepare of ketchup.
- It’s of Dijon Mustard.
- You need of hot sauce (optional).
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of seasoned salt.
- It’s of onion powder.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of dried or fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s of olive oil.
It is a bit of fun and experimentation that can make a part of your day that seems repetitive actually come across much tastier and much more fun. Not to mention, the procedure and quality of ingredients are quite simple and accessible. Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe: Homemade version of Hamburger Helper. I invented this and it's now his favorite.
Cheeseburger Macaroni No box here! step by step
- In a large pan, (I used my enameled cast Dutch oven) add olive oil and onion and cook 2-3 minutes..
- Add ground beef and brown over medium-high heat. Drain or spoon off fat..
- Reduce heat to low and add in all spices but fresh parsley. If using dried add in half now, otherwise you'll add fresh market at the end. Add broth and elbow macaroni and mix well..
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes but stir a few times to make sure pasta gets cooked thru..
- Once pasta is cooked remove the pan from heat and add in your sour cream and shredded cheese and mix to combine. Add in fresh parsley, store and serve..
I call it Cheeseburger Macaroni, but I actually use shells because I like how the sauce gets into them and such. Cook pasta shells according to directions on the box. It's hard to go wrong with a cheesy pasta dish, but when you add savory ground beef and some simple herbs and spices? This post first appeared on The Slow Roasted Italian website (where I am a monthly contributor) and has been syndicated here. QUICK AND EASY: Make Hamburger Helper in three easy steps; simply brown beef.