Sloppy Joe Pockets (kid friendly). EXCELLENT! big hit with my kids! These kid friendly sloppy joes are the perfect dinner! This kid friendly sloppy joe recipe is super easy to prepare, the ultimate frugal meal, and freezer friendly!
This truly is kid friendly cuz there are no "pieces or green things" for the kids to pick out. Not your typical sloppy joe recipe, these sloppy joes have an enchilada twist with delicious tex-mex flavors. They are the best sloppy joe recipe! You can cook Sloppy Joe Pockets (kid friendly) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe Pockets (kid friendly)
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion (minced).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 can of sloppy joe mix (you can make your own).
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 can of biscuits.
Great recipe for Sloppy Joe Pockets (kid friendly). i cook them for my step granddaughter. she loves them. its a kid friendly recipe. so kids can help. Turkey sloppy Joes: We love a two-for-one recipe, and these Slow-Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes, from The Seasoned Mom blogger Blair. Eat Your Food Family-Friendly Kid-friendly Turkey. The sloppy joes of my youth tended to be either from a can or from a cafeteria, and neither were particularly special.
Sloppy Joe Pockets (kid friendly) instructions
- brown ground beef with minced onions, salt and pepper.
- drain ground beef. add sloppy Joe mix, brown sugar, & ketchup …
- open up the first can of biscuits. spread biscuits out by hand. can use a floured rolling pin if you want to. I tend to just press it out. it should be pressed out to 5"- 6" across..
- put a about. tablespoon of sloppy Joe mix. sprinkle with cheese. fold in half and with water on your finger run it around 1/2 of the open edge. pinch the edge to seal..
- spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray..
- keep repeating making the pockets until the desired amount of pockets are made. lay them on the cookie sheet..
- before putting in the oven use a paint brush to paint milk on pockets..
- bake until golden brown at 350°.
- paint tops with unsalted butter when u take it out of the oven..
The even better news is that kids still love sloppy joes! For this version, I use ground turkey—a riff on classic sloppy joes. Sloppy Joe Pockets I love Sloppy Joes because they are kid-friendly and frugal. With just a few ingredients, you can throw together a filling and delicious meal that satisfies the whole family. They are also versatile as you can throw.