Cinnamon porridge. In a medium-sized saucepan, mix the oats, cinnamon, sugar, milk and half the sliced bananas. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. My apple and cinnamon porridge is dairy free and egg free and is therefore suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Be sure to buy unsweetened plant-based milk. Homemade apple cinnamon oatmeal is a weekly staple breakfast recipe. Today I want to share one of our quick to-go breakfasts now that the fall weather has arrived! You can have Cinnamon porridge using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon porridge
- Prepare Half of a cup of oats.
- Prepare 1 cup of almond milk.
- Prepare of Small handful of sultanas or raisins.
- It’s Pinch of cinnamon.
- It’s of Pecans.
- It’s of Drizzle if honey.
- Prepare of Appliances:.
- Prepare of Stove top.
- Prepare of Saucepan.
- You need of Bowl.
- It’s of Tips:.
- You need of Making it for the family? Triple the recipe!.
- Prepare of Add more almond milk if your unhappy with the consistency.
- You need of Too hot to eat? Simply serve with a dash of almond milk.
- You need of Try it with other toppings such as granola.
All things apple and cinnamon are always on my mind. This apple cinnamon oatmeal is not only delicious, but it's healthy too. Addition of cinnamon and brown sugar makes the difference in this recipe. That's the major difference from my perfect breakfast porridge.
Cinnamon porridge step by step
- Heat oats, cinnamon, raisins and almond milk in a saucepan over medium heat until ready.
- Take off heat and serve with pecans, strawberries and banana.
- Enjoy :).
This cinnamon and brown sugar oatmeal can be topped with any fruit you like. Nuts also add a wow factor. Cinnamon Porridge is a community recipe submitted by Coby and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Community Member "For the basic oatmeal recipe just leave out the apple and cinnamon or replace it with for example, raisins, dried berries and dark chocolate chips or cocoa and squashed bananas.". Not only is this Cinnamon Porridge with Cranberry and Plum Compote so much healthier than traditional Christmas breakfasts, it's so much yummier too!