Easy Shepherds Pie. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat. You can have Easy Shepherds Pie using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Shepherds Pie
- It’s of yukon gold potatoes, cut into chunks.
- It’s of hamburger meat.
- You need of corn.
- You need of onion soup.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare of water.
Cottage Pie uses ground beef I find that the easiest way to make this dish is to work ahead. You could make the beef or lamb mixture. This Shepherd's pie is a complete meal in a single skillet, and just the kind of dinner you want to tuck into as the weather cools. Plus, it's so easy you can make it on a weeknight.
Easy Shepherds Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil water for potatoes.
- Cook potatoes until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, brown hamburger meat. Drain grease when done. Add salt & pepper to taste..
- Once hamburger meat is done, add 1 cup of water and 1 envelope of onion soup. Let simmer for about 5 minutes..
- Once potatoes are cooked, mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper..
- In a baking dish (glass or metal), layer hamburger meat, then corn, then potatoes on top..
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the peaks on the mashed potatoes are browned..
Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a. A definitive version of the classic family recipe, this easy shepherd's pie has been Find more family favourite recipes including cottage pie, spaghetti bolognese and chicken casserole on BBC Good Food. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. For those who don't know the difference, both Shepherd's and Cottage Pies are made Shepherd's Pie is actually an incredibly easy dinner to make, and if you cook your.