OMG Shepherds' Pie. Tanning bed visit, Scales say I'm fat 🙁 & Shepherds Pie OMG! American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Do you let the number on the scales define you?
Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with mushrooms, carrots, peas, gravy and baked under creamy mashed Shepherd's Pie season is upon us and this super cozy vegetarian version is running around on the. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! You can have OMG Shepherds' Pie using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of OMG Shepherds' Pie
- You need of filling.
- You need 1 kg of minced mutton.
- It’s 4 large of onions.
- Prepare 4 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 100 grams of Butter.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of meat seasoning.
- It’s 4 of leaves of basil.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of Pie crust.
- You need 6 of peeled potatoes.
- Prepare 250 grams of Grated cheese.
- You need 1 of Salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 100 grams of Butter.
A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a. Reviews for: Photos of Poor Man's Shepherd's Pie. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes.
OMG Shepherds' Pie instructions
- Slice the onions. Heat olive oil and butter in a heavy bottomed pan, and fry onions till reduced, translucent and beginning to caramelise..
- In a separate pan, boil potatoes. Drain water and mash potatoes with butter, cheese, pepper and thyme. Add salt to taste..
- Prepare your minced mutton by mixing thoroughly with ginger, garlic, salt, paprika, nutmeg, black pepper and optionally chicken or meat seasoning and keep aside.
- In a mixer-grinder, put in tomatoes, green chillies and basil leaves, along with the fried onions. Grind until smooth paste.
- Return the tomato-onion paste to the heavy-bottommed pan and bring to a boil. Pour in mince mixture and stir till well assimmilated. Cover and simmer till meat releases its juices. Cook thoroughly till water is reduced and mince is tender. (I use a pressure cooker).
- Transfer cooked mince to an oven-proof casserole. If necessary, mash mince with a fork to break down any clumps..
- Layer the mashed potatoes on top of the mince, and grate more cheese if you like. Add a few dabs of butter.
- Cover the casserole and bake in the oven at 220 Celsius for 20 minutes..
- Finish off under the grill for 15 minutes or until surface is golden and crusty.
- Ideally, let it rest for 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!.
Shepherd's pie is a great favorite in our house and I love your recipe for it! After I spent a summer in Europe (where there's Shepherd's pie a plenty) I've been trying to. Ever. is incredibly hearty, with beef and vegetables cooked in a savory gravy, topped with creamy mashed potatoes. This meat pie topped with mashed potato is traditionally made with lamb, when made OMG – I love this meal. It is the perfect meal for a rainy fall day.