Easy Beef Bourguignon. Though this easy beef bourguignon looks and tastes impressive, it's so simple to put together! Try Ina Garten's Beef Bourguignonne recipe, a French classic with bacon, mushrooms and red wine, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. Everytime I made this easy beef Bourguignon recipe while living in Paris my neighbor would want to know what was making the whole apartment building smell so good.
Hearty and rich this easy Beef Bourguignon is made in the slow cooker! There are some movies that just put me in my happy place. Thanks to Julia Child and Ina Garten, this classic French beef stew is familiar to many home cooks, yet, I still don't hear much about many people actually cooking it. You can have Easy Beef Bourguignon using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Beef Bourguignon
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 6 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 3 lbs of chuck beef.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- It’s 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s .5 cups of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of beef boullion cube.
- You need .25 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- It’s 6-8 of pearl onions.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 lb of baby potatoes.
- Prepare 8 oz of baby bella mushrooms.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare .5 tsp of pepper.
In this Easy Beef Bourguignon, beef simmers with mushrooms and onions in a wine broth and is served over mashed potatoes with garlicky roasted carrots. Easy Beef Bourguignon – Three ways to Make it! I already have a great Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon recipe so if you want to pressure cook this recipe then my recipe has all the step by. Julia Child may be the face behind classic beef bourguignon, but we take all the credit for this Season beef cubes with salt and pepper.
Easy Beef Bourguignon step by step
- Chop your carrots into 2" pieces, wash your potatoes, peel those onions. Put all that shit in a bowl. Make your beef into chunks. Crush that boullion cube on a plate. Call the prep a day..
- Set your instant pot to saute mode, put your oil in, and cook your damn bacon. Once it's done, put it on a plate off to the side..
- Now, sear that sweet, sweet beef in the pot, brown it on all sides..
- Throw that red wine in the pot. Simmer it for, like, 5 minutes or something. Add your beef broth, tomato sauce, and boullion cube. Gradually add and whisk in the flour..
- Stir in your damn bacon, carrots, onions, garlic, thyme, potatoes, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cover that shit and set to pressure cook for 45 minutes..
- Now's the hard part, boys, but we can do it. As soon as that fucker beeps, let it sit for 10 minutes. Don't touch it. Then vent it afterwards. Open that puppy up, and viola..
- Eat it on it's own, serve it over egg noodles, shit you're a grown man I don't care how you eat it, just enjoy the fruits of your labor, dude..
Homemade beef bourguignon is a labor of love, not a quick weeknight dinner. BUT, that doesn't mean it's hard. Luxurious beef bourguignon, or beef Burgundy, with beef chuck, carrots, pearl onions, mushrooms, and coated with a deeply flavored, silky sauce. Beef Bourguignon Recipe also known as beef burgundy is beef braised in red wine with garlic This version is scrumptious yet easy enough for even the novice chef. Life is too short to reserve fabulous.