Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles. Pat the beef dry and season it with salt and pepper. Serve the stroganoff over the noodles. Get cozy with a big bowl of Tyler's Beef Stroganoff, layered on top of delicious, buttery noodles.
Serve the stroganoff over the noodles; garnish with more sour. This beef stroganoff is an easy variation on the famous dish. Condensed soup is mixed with sour cream and a little ketchup to make the easy, flavorful sauce for this beef Stroganoff. You can have Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles
- You need 1-2 lbs of beef chuck, cubed.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, roughly split.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3 sprigs of thyme or 1 Tbsp dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 lb of button mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of Bou beef bouillon cube.
- It’s 1/8 cup of sherry or brandy.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 lb of egg noodles.
- It’s of Parsley.
Lean strips of steak are served with the delicious sauce over hot cooked noodles. I always ate buttered noodles with mashed potatoes. You should try it one day. I do have it once in a while now and it brings me back.
Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles instructions
- Begin by prepping the ingredients.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in a pressure cooker on saute.
- Add the carrot, onion, garlic, bay, and thyme to the pressure cooker and saute while you brown the beef.
- Season the beef with about a Tbsp of salt and some pepper. In a large skillet over high heat with a little oil, brown the beef..
- When the beef begins to give up its liquid, add it to the pressure cooker with the vegetables, and add the sherry..
- Return the skillet to the high heat and add the mushrooms to brown..
- When the mushrooms are starting to sweat, add them to the pressure cooker..
- Add the water, beef bouillon, Worcestershire, and soy sauce.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release. If doing this in a Dutch oven, increase the water to 3 cups total and place on low heat with the lid ajar and simmer for 2 hours or until the liquid is reduced by half..
- While the beef is cooking, mix the sour cream and mustard in a small bowl..
- When the pressure is released, remove the carrot and bay leaves, take a few ladles of the hot liquid and temper it into the sour cream mixture. Taste the beef for seasoning with salt..
- Boil the egg noodles in a pot, drain and toss with remaining 2 Tbsp of butter..
- Serve the stroganoff atop the noodles with a garnish of chopped parsley and an extra dollop of sour cream..
As for beef stroganoff, it screams comfort food, especially when served over buttered noodles. I always have to beg Curtis to let me make this dish. The most amazing Beef Stroganoff you will ever have! Golden seared juicy beef strips smothered in an incredible sour cream mushroom gravy, this. So we're going to make a really good batch of beef stroganoff.